Originally from Scotland, I moved to London in 2000 to pursue a career in TV production. I've been a Runner, Co-ordinator, Transmission Controller, Broadcast Engineer, MCR Operator, Vision Mixer (Switcher) and Studio Director.
I primarily work freelance as a Studio Director and Vision Mixer, doing live TV shows (news, sports, reality TV, politics, corporate work, shopping TV, music, outside broadcasts).
I've always been interested in radio and communications, and finally got round to getting a callsign in Feb 2016 so I could get access to bits of software that required a callsign!
Planning on upgrading to Intermediate UK Licence, and then in the future up to Full Licence.
• Yaesu 857D (HF/VHF/UHF) (100W/50W/20W)
• Intek HR-5050 CB Radio (UK frequencies)
• Yaesu FT1XD (2m/70cm) 10W
• Tytera MD-390-GPS (DMR) 10W
• Midland Alan 42 Multi CB Radio
• Diamond 50N (2m/70cm)
• Scan King Discone 2000 (25MHz - 2GHz)
• FlightAware 1090MHz ADSB antenna
• Wellbrook Active Loop Antenna NEW ALA1530LN
• HLP-2 Halo Loop (folded dipole antenna for 144MHz, APRS)
• 8m long-wire (magnetic balun, for WSPR RX)
• Red Pitaya module receiving and decoding 8x WSPR frequencies at the same time.
• RPi APRS Internet Gateway
• RPi ADS-B decoder (covers Heathrow, Stansted, Luton, Gatwick,London City. 2000+ planes per day)
• KiwiSDR 0-32MHz (Online SDR) (first official Kickstarter production line board)
• DVmega hotspot for internet connected DMR
• AirSpy R2 SDR
• SpyVerter upconverter
• Ham It Up 1.3 uponverter
• HackRF 100KHz to 6GHz SDR